This might be my all time MUST HAVE rockhounding tool. I take mine along with me everywhere I go, whether its searching for agates along the beach, petrified wood along the river bank or walking the high desert looking for Oregon sunstones.
This collapsible foraging pouch doubles as the ideal rock collection bag.
It simply attaches to your belt and you don't even know its there.
This pouch is a must have.
- Must-have tool for geologists
- Genuine leather grip provides a large, solid handle
- Head and handle are forged in one piece for extra stability
- Fully polished to create a smooth, protected surface
- Perfect balance
- Industry best tempering
GREAT FOR ROCKHOUNDS - The Estwing Rock Pick is a geologist's best friend. It is the #1 choice of Geologists worldwide. This rock pick has a genuine leather grip and is made of forged steel with a tempered point, and will last you for years to come.
GENUINE LEATHER GRIP - The handle on this rock pick is made of laminated leather "O" rings pressed and then riveted to the shaft. The whole handle is then laminated. This makes it aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to hold in your hand while you are out digging for rocks or minerals.
The uvBeast V3 385-390nm is a high intensity, rechargeable blacklight flashlight that will give off super bright UV light up to 135 feet away!
The uvBeast V3 has many great features including:
- rechargeable lithium ion batteries,
- superior UV LED and solid construction.
- ETCHPROOF (Made of durable aluminum alloy)
The UvBeast V3 comes with an AC adapter for charging (charge lasts up to 10 hours) and USB cable to charge anytime anywhere.
This black light generates extremely focused long range luminosity ideal for scorpion hunting and rock, mineral and fossil hunting.
- Perfect for breaking large rocks into smaller rocks
- Two flat polished ends
- Functions as a small handheld sledgehammer
- Also used to drive chisels and point ends into rocks
Give it a swing with the Estwing SureStrike hammer and you’ll feel the weight of this new revolution in striking tools. The head is forged from high quality steel, hardened, tempered and then painted blue to resist corrosion.
Both faces are polished for precision strikes and offers increased surface area which means less pounding needed on heavy duty tasks like brick chiseling or hitting cold chisels.
Weighing at just around 3 pounds it has an 11 inch jacketed, textured yellow fiberglass handle that allows heavier blows so your arm won't get tired halfway through your rockhounding expedition.
- Sharpened and thickened flat end made of heat treated chrome-vanadium steel CRV steel
- The anti-slip grip grip and big plate offer hand protection against glancing blows or missed hits.
- Handle also serves as a shock absorber
- Ideal for rockhounds
One of the unsung heroes for rockhounds is the hand rock chisel. I've found myself in countless situations where the specimens I was after were only obtainable by chiseling away at the material around it. This has been the case for unearthing thundereggs, fossils and many other rocks and minerals.
This heavy duty flat rock chisel has an integrated hand protector which is going to serve you well when the rock chips start flying. (Don't forget to wear safety goggles!)